Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Blogging from A - Z Challenge April 16 N

N is for Nancy Friday

(for some reason Blogger won't let me add this video, so click on this link to watch it)

I have to thank Nancy Friday for her books over and over and over again. Not only are they open and honest, but they end up being very sexually thrilling. They include their own passions.

I've added this video of her in an old interview. It's not great, but its so lovely to see her talking about her important and interesting books, and also to see how far ahead of her time she was. Here she is talking about women taking the initiative. It is still something women have trouble with, and she is right when she says men need to understand how to turn women down with grace and gentleness.

If you are unfamiliar with Nancy Friday, check out her books which, even though old now, are still fantastically relevant and thrilling to read. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to check out her books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't be sorry. I really love Nancy Friday. She's a psychologist, but the fantasies are all real and extremely... stimulating! :)

      Delete
  2. She sounds like a good read and empowering

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah - she's a bit dated now, but I confess I go back to her books over and over again.

      Delete