Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Spellbound Published at Amazon


Spellbound went through its first publishing rounds a week ago, and I must say, its wonderful to get this book out there.

I am so proud of Spellbound. It has been on quite a journey, first being optioned by an agent in New York (not saying any names - lets just say I was VERY excited for a couple of weeks) only to lose its place due to Hurricane Sandy imposing itself too personally.

This was followed up with Spellbound becoming a finalist in the Steam E Reads erotic romance competition, only to lose in the final round (I later found out I had sent them a pre-edited version for the competition - What a silly mistake!).
Then I was offered a publishing contract with Steam E Reads, only to end up opting out of that to go with WahWahFunk, seeing as I had so much work published with them in the past.

Spellbound was initially written at the end of 2012, in response to Fifty Shades of Grey and the negative connotations around BDSM in that book. Like so many other erotic romance readers, I loved Fifty Shades of Grey, but I felt it was a shame Christian Grey had to be portrayed as disturbed.  My own experience of BDSM and the Dominants I had relationships with over the years were so positive, I felt that someone needed to speak up with a book that, while remaining with the contemporary romance theme, explored the ideas of BDSM with more understanding. Everyone who reads this blog knows that I am a feminist and a very passionate heterosexual (I LOVE men) and both of these things are very compatible within a BDSM relationship.

You'll just have to grab your copy of Spellbound to find out how that can be.

In the meantime, we are working to get Spellbound up on other platforms, such as Kobo, Nook, Apple, Smashwords, Draft2Digital and Lulu.

I will post little excerpts of Spellbound here each week, to see if I can tease you into purchasing your own copy. Be sure to drop by and send me a note about how Spellbound was for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment