Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Blogging from A - Z Challenge April 9 H


H is for Henry Miller

This is a short spot. Just a few quote from Henry Miller really.

The one thing we can never get enough of is love. And the one thing we can never give enough is love.- Henry Miller

I first fell in love with Henry Miller through Anais Nin. I had heard of him of course, but had never had much reason to read him. When I started to read Anais Nin, I fell in love with Henry Miller and it was then I started to read him. One of my favorite books of his, is his letter to Anais Nin, published under the title "A Literate Passion." It was the first time I caught a glimpse of the love and passion I was desperate for in my own life, and the first time i really started to believe it was possible.

If there is going to be any peace, it will come through being, not having. - Henry Miller

Then I was able to track down the wonderful film version of Henry and June, which ended up being one of my favorite films.


The ordinary man is involved in action, the hero acts. An immense difference. Henry Miller


Everything I carry away from Henry is enormous. If I fall asleep, it is because I am overloaded. I sleep because one hour with Henry contains five years of my life, and one phrase, one caress answers the expectations of a hundred nights. When I hear him laugh I say, "I have heard Rabelais." And I swallow his laughter like bread and wine. - Anais Nin


1 comment:

  1. I did it the other way, started out reading some books by Henry Miller (tropic of cancer, sexus), and the continued wit Anaus Non >:)

    Cold As Heaven

    ReplyDelete